Progress

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Point Break

Overview
It has been a long time since I posted anything here. While it is not the lack of eventful things, it is rather the motivation. Since last time I have been in Bareclona, where I hung out with Maria, Ragna and Geir. I whent to Pamplona. Met a really nice fellow biker from a Belgian MC for Vietnam veterans. Got caught in the rain in some tiny town in Spain where I met a few bikers and the English capacity was limited. But most importantly, I went to Portugal! Portugal is a fantastic place. When I first arrived to the Hostel in Porto, Martin and Tibi, from Lubeck arrived at pretty much the exact same time as me. We met in the lobby! From there things was just awesome. We spent a two nights in Porto, hanging in the pub of an old Indian lady. Anna and Sophie also joined and we had a blast going out. After some long nights in Porto, Tibi, Martin and I go to Esmoriz to Surfers Camp.

Surfs up Dude: 5/5
Rui - The boss man
For anyone wanting to go surfing, this is the place I would recommend. Rui, he's the man. He runs the show, but 'slowly slowly'. Not to say that things doesn't happen, but he never stresses us. We do as we want. If we want to surf then we surf. If we want to stay, we stay. The rest of the crew consist of Miguel, Jennie, Maria, and Anna. All in all, they make up the greatest surfing staff there is.

Paddle Paddle Paddle 6/5
Miguel - Go go go!
Now I got to say this is the first time I really went surfing (if one disregards that one day at Stat-landet), and the one thing you learn is to never stop paddling. When Miguel start shouting, you know there is a wave coming, and you are most likely in the wrong position. After one week of surfing, my arms and back barely allows me to get on my motorcycle again. But after this fantastic stay, it is time for me to move on. The pastures may not be greener where I am going, but this is nature of my trip. Find a nice place. stay for a while, but all good things has to come to an end. Still, I leave knowing that I will return. So farewell Rui, Miguel, Maria, Anna, Jennie, and all the other fantastic people I met at Surfers Camp. I will miss you greatly



So long Esmoriz

River wake surfing

1 comment:

  1. Hey I am now in Norway with Julie!!!!

    What a beautiful country you have.

    ReplyDelete